- Demonstrates habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning.
- As part of my continued education and the 21st Century Skills Benchmarks that need to be written, the high school teacher-librarian and I took a class provided to all teacher-librarians in the state to aid in the curriculum writing process. Attached is the final report we turned in for the class. I have also included an email from the instructor to talk about a post I did about fixed and flexible scheduling during one of the classes in with the final report.
- Works collaboratively to improve professional practice and student learning.
- Attached is a unit I did with the TAG teacher and 7th grade higher level students to do research on a social issue in Africa. This was a learning experience for me in teaching social studies and helping the students dig deep into a topic and create a project to showcase what they learned.
- Applies research, knowledge, and skills from professional development opportunities to improve practice.
- I recently finished classes for my middle school endorsement. One of the classes I took was Geography for Life. Attached is a unit I created for this class and did with my 8th grade Second Chance Reading students.
- Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teacher's needs aligned to the Iowa teaching standards and district/building student achievement goals.
- As part of our building and district goals to make sure our students are better readers I was trained in the Second Chance Reading program. Attached is an observation from one of the trainers of the class when she came to watch Natalie and I teach a lesson with the 8th grade students.
Back to Standards