posted Aug 25, 2016, 1:24 PM by Erin Gudenkauf
1 Hour Hawk Time
- Fall Sports- Any student out for a fall sport needs to make sure they have
turned in a current physical into the high school office.
Schedules - Monday and Thursdays will
be a regular time schedule.
Tuesdays and Fridays will be a Hawk Time schedule, and most
Wednesdays will be early dismissals (1:15 p.m. this year). Each of these schedules may be found in
the Student/Parent Handbook. You
will not be receiving paper copies of the handbook this year. You can get the information by going to
our website http://www.w-delaware.k12.ia.us/
. Under the “Schools” tab at the top of
the page click on “High School”.
Then on the left-hand side under “Additional High School
Information” you may click on the Student Handbook.
- Open Campus - Any Senior who is signed up for Open Campus must have a
permission form on file with Guidance to participate. Please see Guidance
for forms and further information.
- FCCLA Healthy Snack Bar - Will be available again this year beginning sometime the second week
of September. This is a great opportunity to satisfy those mid-morning
cravings with items such as cheese sticks, juice boxes, Goldfish crackers,
fresh fruit, water, and various dry cereals. All items are only $.50 each.
The snack bar is located
in the Foods lab, room 137 after first block on days that we have 10 minute
- October ACT - Reminder that the registering deadline for October 22nd ACT test
is September 16th. See Guidance for further information and study packet.
- Freshmen - On August 31st, 9th grade student council nomination forms
will be available in the HS office. Forms are due back by Sept. 2nd
- Juniors & Seniors - When going on college visits, remember to fill out the West
Delaware College Visit form in Guidance. All visits must be arranged one
week in advance.
- Students who have signed up for Fall
PSEO courses: Please come to the Counseling Office to pick
up your books. You will need to sign for them. Thanks!
MEETINGS/EVENTS at WD
- 10-12 Student Council Members - We will meet on August 31st at 7:20am in the HS
- Speech- The speech mandatory meeting is scheduled for Monday, August
29th. This meeting is for current members and those interested in joining
speech. The freshmen and new member portion starts at 6 PM. Current
member meeting is at 6:45 PM. Attendance at this meeting is mandatory
for participation in speech.
- Senior Launch is Monday August 29th. Seniors please report to the commons instead
of going to your first hour class.
- FBLA Officer meeting- is scheduled for Monday, August 29th from 7:00-8:00 a.m. in Mrs. Bramel's room. All
officers are required to attend, and should review all documents in the
2016-17 shared officer folder prior to this meeting.
representative- Holly Maurer,
will be available to meet with students on Friday, August
26th from 12:30-3:30 PM in the ICN room. Holly is
available to meet with any student regarding career, college goals and
options. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Members of NHS, Student Council, and FBLA: Please plan on attending an informational meeting
with Ellen Krogmann of Mentoring Connections on Wednesday, August 31st at 1:15 p.m. in the auditorium. Volunteers for mentoring are needed
at Lambert for one hour on early out Wednesdays starting on September 14th. Please let your advisor know as soon
as possible if you are planning to attend.
Today: Walking Taco, broccoli,
kiwi, refried beans, mandarin oranges, peanut butter cookie, OJ/Milk
Monday: Shrimp poppers, mac and
cheese, California blend veggies, carrot sticks w/ranch, apple, strawberries,