Hawk Time Schedule
• Tractor Day: In honor of FFA week next week students may drive their tractors to school on Wednesday, Feb. 24th. You must sign-up in the HS office if you plan to bring your tractor to school that day.
• State Bowling shirts may be picked up at the bowling alley tonight after 6:45 p.m.
• State Bowling Permission Slips: Students planning to attend the state bowling tournament on Monday as spectators need to fill out a permission form. They are available in the office.
• Iowa State University is hosting "Behind the Scenes" day on Friday April, 8 to provide potential students an in-depth look at the Apparel, Merchandising, and Design (AMD) major in the College of Human Sciences. This day gives students the chance to explore the career opportunities this major offers and to experience a day in the life of an Iowa State University student in the AMD program.
Students will get to sit in on mini-classes from their award-winning faculty in areas such as patternmaking, fashion illustration, merchandising, historical dress, digital textile printing and many more. Additionally, you will be able to meet with ISU admission staff, faculty, and attend a dress rehearsal of The ISU Fashion Show 2016.
Cost to attend is $10. If you would like to attend, register at: http://www.hs.iastate.edu/prospective/visit/career_exploration/behind-the-scenes-day.
• Seniors: If you have a Service Experience off campus or Open Campus for 3rd block, you are reminded that if you return to school right before 3rd block is over you are supposed to stay in the commons area until the bell rings. Also, if you have Open Campus and choose to stay for lunch you must stay the entire lunch period in the commons.
• ACT Reminder: The deadline for ACT April 9, 2016 testing is MARCH 4, 2016. The test site will be at West Delaware. Please see Guidance for further information.
• Juniors planning on taking the ACT: There will be a FREE ACT Study Session offered on March 30th and March 31st from 5:30pm-9pm sponsored by F&M Bank. There are 30 spots open to West Delaware students each night. THIS OFFER IS FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE. Please see Guidance for further details.
• Job Opportunity: Students are reminded to check out the Job Board in Guidance for job opportunities.
• Volunteer Opportunity: High school students are needed in Kids Place in the Lambert commons on Wednesday and Thursday, February 24 and 25, between 2:30-6:30 both days. Kids come there during parent/teacher conferences. You can help all or part of the time. You'll be playing games, coloring/drawing, building with Legos, etc. Adults are there to supervise. Please sign up in either Mrs. Neverman's or Mrs. Bramel's classrooms.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• All Students - TODAY: A representative from MREP will be in Guidance today to answer all your college/career questions from 9:00AM - 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. You do not need to make an appointment to see the representative, but it is helpful. See Guidance for further details.
Today: Shrimp poppers, mac and cheese, mixed veggies, carrot sticks, apple, strawberries, OJ/milk
Monday: Chicken fajita wrap, breadstick, glazed carrots, black bean salad, kiwi, peaches, OJ/milk