Hawk Time Schedule
• Sophomore and Juniors: Any high school sophomore or junior may apply to attend RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Conference). Those who apply should have excelled in one or more areas of high school involvement, and have proven leadership experience or shown leadership potential. The Manchester Rotary will sponsor 2 students by paying the conference fee to attend the 6-day conference from July 17-22 at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa. Please see Mrs. Hermsen for additional information. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 11th.
• Reminder to Seniors: Continue to check on new scholarships being posted on the WD home page under Scholarships. Many of the local scholarships start having their due dates beginning of March.
• All Students: If you are interested in a FREE ACT prep session, please see Guidance for further details.
• Soccer: Boys and girls interested in going out for soccer this season should sign-up in the HS office.
• ACT Reminder: The deadline for ACT April 9, 2016 testing is March 4, 2016. The test site will be at West Delaware. Please see Guidance for further information.
• Juniors planning on taking the ACT: There will be a FREE ACT Study Session offered on March 30th and March 31st from 5:30pm-9pm sponsored by F&M Bank. There are 30 spots open to West Delaware students each night. THIS OFFER IS FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE. Please see Guidance for further details.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Boys Track: Practice will start next Monday, Feb. 29 in the weight room. Be prepared to go outside.
• Blood Drive - Wednesday, March 2: Student Council will be hosting a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Seedorff gymnasium. Please sign-up in the HS office for a time to donate. You must be at least 16 years old to donate. 16 year olds will need a permission form that are available in the HS office.
• Juniors and Seniors - Thursday, March 3: Two college representatives will be in the guidance office, NICC at 9:35 a.m. and Iowa Central at 1:15 p.m.
• Boys Golf - Thursday, March 3: Boys interested in participating in golf this season must attend an informational meeting at 3 p.m. in the Chemistry room (Mr. Fetter’s classroom).
• Softball Open Gym for girls in grades 8-12 will be on Monday nights from 5:30-6:30 NOT 4-5, with the exception of March 7th which will be from 8-9pm.
Today: Pizza dippers with sauce, romaine salad, green beans, grapes, no bake cookie, OJ/milk
Monday: Chicken nuggets, roll, whipped potatoes, cheesy broccoli, strawberries, melon, OJ/milk