Hawk Time Schedule
• Volunteer Opportunity: Any student looking for volunteer hours should contact Mr. Morrison about working the concession stand for the youth basketball tourney here this Sunday.
• FBLA has the concession stand Tuesday, February 2, 2016. If you have not volunteered 2 hours to the chapter this year, you should sign up outside Ms. Bramel's room today.
• Host Family Opportunities: Our community has the chance to welcome teenagers this summer from France and Spain! This kind of experience can make such an impact, not only on the visiting students, but also on the whole family and our entire school community! Students want to practice their English and live as part of an American family for a short time. Host families provide room (shared room is fine but they must have their own bed), meals, and the willingness to include their visitor as a part of the family, including them in all aspects of your summer schedule.
The dates of the visits will be: June 10 - July 10, 2016 (French) and June 30 - July 28, 2016 (Spanish)
The students will arrive and depart from Coralville for hosting anywhere within driving distance.
For more information, contact Mrs. Sandberg at email@example.com
• 2015-2016 Yearbook Orders: Students who did not purchase a yearbook at registration are encouraged to purchase one before February 1st. Order forms are available in the office and from Mrs. Temeyer.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• No School - Monday, Feb. 1st
• Class Meetings - Tuesday, Feb. 2nd: Freshmen 1st block, Sophomores 2nd block and Juniors 4th block. All meetings will be held in the auditorium.
• Girls Track - Tuesday, Feb. 2nd: Meeting at 3:30 p.m. in Mrs. Hermsen's room. If you cannot attend, please let one of the track coaches know.
• February’s library makerspace Pinterest inspired craft will be iris folding. Come learn this paper folding technique to make Valentine’s Day cards during Hawk Time Tuesday, February 2nd or Tuesday, February 9th. Sign up in the library by the end of 3rd hour the day before. Limit is 10 students each day. Sessions will also be held after school Wednesday, February 3rd and Thursday, February 11th. Stop by the library to see samples of this project.
Today: Egg patty sandwich with cheese, sausage patty, potato wedges, kiwi, peaches, monster cookie, OJ/milk
Tuesday: Hot chicken sundae, whipped potatoes, peas, banana, strawberries, animal crackers, OJ/milk