HAWK TIME SCHEDULE
• Student Council Members- Should sign up for the concession stand for Friday, Oct. 16th on the sign-up sheet in Ms. Osborne's room.
• NHS (National Honor Society) - Any junior or senior with a GPA of 3.5 or higher is eligible to apply for NHS. The application form is available on the high school page of the district website. Applications are due Friday, October 16th to Mrs. Hermsen.
There will be 2 informational meetings in Mrs. Hermsen's room (234) about the NHS application process on Monday, October 12 at 3:00 p.m. and Tuesday, October 13 at 7:30 a.m. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Hermsen.
• A Texas Instrument TI-30XIIS has been found. Please claim in the Guidance office.
• Honor Court - Students that were on Honor Court for Homecoming are reminded to return the yard signs from WDABC to the HS office.
• CNA Class - For interested students, NICC has an upcoming CNA class starting with a mandatory orientation on Monday, October 19th at the Good Neighbor Society in Manchester. Classes will run on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon/evenings. Please see Guidance for further information.
• Contest - All HS students are eligible to enter the Voice of Democracy contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Write an essay on the topic “My Vision for America” and make a 3-5 minute audio recording of the essay. Cash prizes are awarded. Submission deadline is Nov. 1st. See Mrs. Stocks for more details. The local VFW will award $100 for 1st place and $50 for 2nd place. The 1st place winner's entry moves on to the next level of the competition.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Y.A.D.C (Youth Association for Disabled Citizens): Do you know somebody that has been identified with a disability (physical, mental, emotional, etc.) and are interested in learning how improvements to their life are made? Then, join YADC, Youth Association for Disabled Citizens. Camp Courageous will be hosting their Halloween dance on Thursday, October 22nd. We need volunteers and travel to Monticello and assist with this fun event. Approximate times are leave Manchester at 5:00 P.M. and return about 10:00 P.M. We will stop at Sub Way in Monticello before arriving at camp. If you are interested in this activity please stop in the office and sign the sheet or ask the secretary to contact Mrs. Resor. We must know by October 14th so that transportation can be arranged. Let's have a fun filled night!
• Seniors - Monday, Oct. 12: Representatives from two colleges will be in guidance, Capri at 9:35 a.m. and Iowa Central at 1:15 p.m.
• Student Council Members - Wednesday, Oct. 14: Meeting at 7:30 AM in the library.
• Seniors - Thursday, Oct. 15: A representative from Upper Iowa will be in the guidance office at 1:15 p.m.
Today: Walking taco, broccoli, refried beans, kiwi, mandarin oranges, peanut butter cookie, OJ/milk
Monday: Shrimp poppers, mac and cheese, california blend vegetable, carrot sticks, apples, strawberries, OJ/milk