HAWK TIME SCHEDULE
• Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors - You may stop in the HS office to sign-up for a chance to win a copy of “The Kindness Diaries” written by Leon Logothetis, our speaker from Thursday.
• Juniors - If you are in the top 20% of your class, you may want to take the PSAT test. The pre-SAT test gives you the opportunity to earn scholarships depending on your score. The test is Wednesday morning, October 14th. The cost is $14 and we only have 10 seats available on a first come, first serve basis. Payment is due at the time of registration, and we have official student study guides and practice test packets for you, upon registration. Sign up with the fee in the Guidance Office by Monday, October 5th.
• For students wishing to participate in the United States Senate Youth Program, please look for information under Scholarships on the West Delaware home page.
• Are you a high school student who's making a difference through volunteering? Check out the 2016 Prudential Spirit of Community Award listed under Scholarships on the West Delaware home page.
• Help Wanted - There are a few more job listings posted in the guidance office. Stop by to get the details.
• Outdoor Ed - Juniors and seniors who signed up to help with 7th grade outdoor education need to check their school email for details.
• Current NHS Seniors - The Booster Club needs help with the concession stand this Saturday for the home volleyball tournament. If you can work anytime between 8:30 -4:00, please email, text, or see Mrs. Hermsen and indicate what time you are available to help.
• ACT Practice Test - If any student is interested in taking a FREE ACT Practice Test at Kaplan University, please see Guidance for further information. The test is on Saturday, September 26th, from 9:00 to 1:00. Registration is required.
• Homecoming Button - Anyone wishing to design the 2015 homecoming button should submit their design to the HS office by this Friday, Sept. 18. All entries will be voted on by the Student Body during lunchtime on Monday, Sept. 21. The winner will receive 2 tickets to the Homecoming Dance and the second place winner will receive 1 ticket to the Homecoming Dance from Student Council. Entry forms are available in the HS office.
• If anyone lost a pair of eye glasses a pair was found in one of the computer labs. Please stop by the HS office if you think they may be yours. Also, Found: A Texas Instrument TI-30XIIS calculator was found. Please claim in the Guidance office.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Seniors - Monday, Sept. 21 - A representative from Clarke University will in the guidance office at 1:15 p.m.
• Seniors - Thursday, Sept. 24 - A representative from Wartburg will be in the guidance office at 1:15 p.m.
Today: Egg patty with chesse sandwich, sausage patty, potato wedges, kiwi, peaches, monster cookie, OJ/milk
Monday: Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, carrot and celery sticks, pineapple, mandarin oranges, OJ/milk