Monday March 6, 2017
UPCOMING MEETINGS/EVENTS at WD
· If you are interested in riding the Pep Bus to the Boys State Basketball game on Tuesday, March 7, sign up in the High School Office. Cost is $20, which includes your $10 ticket to the game. The bus will leave at 2:30 PM on Tuesday so a permission slip from a parent/guardian is needed as well. The game begins at 6:35 PM and the bus will return immediately after the game. The deadline for signing up is at the end of the school day today, March 6th.
· TADA (Teens against Drug Abuse) will have a meeting at 3:00 p.m. today, March 6th.
· There will be an FBLA officers meeting, today, March 6th, in Ms. Bramel's room from 7:15-8:00 a.m. There are 2 chapter meetings in March to prepare for State and Nationals. These are Wednesday, March 15th, and Wednesday, March 29th, at 7:30 a.m. and 1:15 pm. All members must attend both dates, and will have their BAA Future Awards finished by 3/29.
· Students: please check your school email and take the Careers, Skills, and Lifestyles survey if you haven't already. The FBLA chapter is gathering information to organize a business panel of local/regional business leaders to answer your questions about careers, skills, and lifestyles. We only have 77 responses so far; We would like everyone's input to ensure the panel is representative of the entire student body. Please take a few minutes to complete this very short survey today.
· Juniors: please submit your application for sweetheart king and queen to Mrs. Schnieders by Tuesday, March 14.
· Driver Education forms are available in the High School Office. Registration is first come, first served.
· Term 3 Early Graduation deadline is tomorrow, March 7th. Please see Guidance for further information
· Volunteers are needed to play with kids while parents are in conferences on Wednesday and Thursday, March 8th and 9th, in the Lambert commons. "Kids Place" will be held from 2:30-6:30 both days. Please see sign-up sheets in Mrs. Bramel or Mr. Carper's classrooms. Indicate the day/hours you can help. Adults will be in charge.
· Any student interested in going out for soccer, boys or girls, please sign up in the High School Office.
· A representative from Mount Mercy will be in Guidance on Monday, April 3rd, at 1:15, to meet with any interested juniors or seniors.
· A representative from Northwest Iowa Community College will be in Guidance on Thursday, April 6th, at 9:35, for any interested junior or senior.
· If you are planning to exhibit as a FFA member at the Delaware County Fair please make sure you have picked up the paper work from Mrs. Schnieders.
Today: Hot dog, baked french fries, cheesy cauliflower, fresh kiwi, pears, light syrup, chocolate chip cookie, 100% OJ/Milk
Tuesday: Pizzaroni casserole, roll/breadstick, steamed peas, green beans, fresh apple, mixed fruit, light syrup, 100% OJ/Milk