• Drivers Education: Registration forms are available in the HS office for summer driver’s education at West Delaware. They are due back by Friday, March 25.
• NHS Members: Rotary Banquet reservations need to be turned in to Mrs. Hermsen by Wednesday. Rotary Banquet will be held on Thursday, March 17th at 6:00 p.m. in the Middle School Gym.
• Sophomore and Juniors: Any high school sophomore or junior may apply to attend RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Conference). Those who apply should have excelled in one or more areas of high school involvement, and have proven leadership experience or shown leadership potential. The Manchester Rotary will sponsor 2 students by paying the conference fee to attend the 6-day conference from July 17-22 at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa. Please see Mrs. Hermsen for additional information. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 11th.
• Reminder to Seniors: Continue to check on new scholarships being posted on the WD home page under Scholarships. Many of the local scholarships start having their due dates beginning of March.
• All Students: If you are interested in a FREE ACT prep session, please see Guidance for further details.
• ACT Reminder: The deadline for ACT April 9, 2016 testing is this Friday, March 4, 2016. The test site will be at West Delaware. Please see Guidance for further information.
• Juniors planning on taking the ACT: There will be a FREE ACT Study Session offered on March 30th and March 31st from 5:30pm-9pm sponsored by F&M Bank. There are 30 spots open to West Delaware students each night. THIS OFFER IS FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE. Please see Guidance for further details.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Grades 9, 10 & 11 - Online 16-17 Registration begins this week. If you currently are NOT in an English class, please look at posted schedules by Guidance and the high school office for your designated date/time to report to the South Lab.
Monday, February 29th - Juniors (English III)
Thursday, March 3rd - Sophomores (English II)
Friday, March 4th - Freshmen (English I)
• NHS Meeting - Wednesday, March 2: Meeting at 7:30 a.m. in the Upper Gym.
• Blood Drive - Wednesday, March 2: Student Council will be hosting a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Seedorff gymnasium. Please sign-up in the HS office for a time to donate. You must be at least 16 years old to donate. 16 year olds will need a permission form that are available in the HS office.
• Juniors and Seniors - Thursday, March 3: Two college representatives will be in the guidance office, NICC at 9:35 a.m. and Iowa Central at 1:15 p.m.
• Boys Golf - Thursday, March 3: Boys interested in participating in golf this season must attend an informational meeting at 3 p.m. in the Chemistry room (Mr. Fetter’s classroom).
• Softball Open Gym for girls in grades 8-12 will be on Monday nights from 5:30-6:30 NOT 4-5, with the exception of March 7th which will be from 8-9pm.
Today: Chicken nuggets, roll, whipped potatoes, cheesy broccoli, strawberries, melon, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: BBQ patty sandwich, scalloped potatoes, corn, pineapple, baked apples, sherbet cup, OJ/milk