• Homecoming - Tickets will go on sale starting today during lunchtime. The cost per ticket is $5 in advance and $8 at the door. Button sales will also start today during lunchtime. The cost per button is $1. If a student is bringing a guest that does not attend West Delaware, they must sign them up in the HS office.
• Banned Books Week Sept. 27-Oct. 3, 2015
Did you know when people attempt to censor books, they are denying you your First Amendment rights? Celebrate your freedom to read and read a banned book! Stop by the library to see the display of books that have been challenged, restricted, or banned from other libraries across the country.
• Senior Jeans - Voting will take place during lunch this Wed., Sept. 30.
• Contest - All HS students are eligible to enter the Voice of Democracy contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Write an essay on the topic “My Vision for America” and make a 3-5 minute audio recording of the essay. Cash prizes are awarded. Submission deadline is Nov. 1st. See Mrs. Stocks for more details.
• Pink Out Clothing Form - The volleyball team will host a Pink Out on Thursday, Oct. 8. Clothing order forms are available in the HS office and due back with payment TODAY.
• Homecoming Powderpuff Volleyball will be next Thursday, October 1 at 7:00 PM. Get an Entry Form for your team from the High School Office. Entry Forms are due back TODAY.
• High school student volunteers are needed to help at Lambert during parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday, September 30 and Thursday, October 1 between 2:30-6:30 both days. Help is needed in Kids Place to play with kids dropped off in the commons OR to sell baked goods in the hallway by the office. If you can help either day for one or more hours please sign up in Mrs. Bramel's or Mrs. Neverman's classrooms.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Seniors - TODAY- A representative from Kirkwood will be in the guidance office at 9:35 a.m.
Today: Orange chicken, brown rice, breadstick, peas, celery sticks, kiwi, applesauce, sherbet cup, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: Turkey dinner, roll, whipped potatoes, squash, fruit slushie, mandarin oranges, OJ/milk