posted Oct 13, 2016, 1:21 PM by Erin Gudenkauf
- SENIORS: When is the last time you checked out the scholarship page on the
WD web site? Slowly but surely scholarships are being added. Check back
- NHS - Current seniors - Please sign-up to work one of the shifts for the volleyball
concession stand on Wednesday, October 19th. Sign-up sheet is posted on Mrs.
local VFW is seeking entries for this year's Voice of Democracy contest.
Students may enter by writing an essay on the topic "My
Responsibility to America." A hard copy and audio recording of the
essay need to be submitted by November 1st. See Mrs. Stocks for
more information and an entry form. Prize money and/or scholarships will
be awarded to winners at each level.
- JUNIORS- It is very important that you bring your Chromebook to school
Tuesday, October 18th for Iowa Youth Surveys fully charged.
you would like to be a part of a tobacco prevention group there will be a
meeting on Wednesday, October 19th at 1:30 p.m. with Laura Albert, Tobacco
Prevention Specialist, from Helping Services of Northeast Iowa. The meeting will be held in the HS
- YADC-The Camp Courageous Halloween party is October 27th. We will leave school at 4:15 PM from the
back parking lot, eat at Subway in Manchester, and then travel to Camp
Courageous. Feel free to wear costumes.
We will return around 10:00 PM.
Mrs. Resor must know who is going by October 19th in order to
- YADC will be meeting Wednesday, October 19th at 5:30 P.M. in the High
- YADC members- Mrs. Huehnergarth is looking for volunteers to help with Special
Olympics. If you are interested,
please contact Mrs. Huehnergarth.
- FBLA and Student Council have the football concession stands on
Senior Night, TONIGHT Friday, October 14. All FBLA and Student Council
members are asked to work 1 shift; Sign-up outside Ms. Bramel's room or on
Ms. Osborne’s door
- FBLA Members- please turn in your membership forms and $25 dues before our 1st
chapter meeting on Wednesday, October 19, if you plan to participate this
year-get a friend to join with you! See Ms. Bramel if you have questions.
- Seniors - Remember to email your senior photo to Mrs. Temeyer by November 1st,
2016. Late submissions may not be published in the yearbook.
- Picture retake day is TODAY Friday, October 14th. If you did not get your
picture taken or just need a retake done, please go to Seedorff Gym
starting at 8:15.
- JUNIORS: If you are in the top 20% of your class, you may want to take the
PSAT test. The pre-SAT test gives you the opportunity to
earn scholarships depending on your score. The test is Wednesday morning,
October 19th. The cost is $14 and we only have 10 seats available on a
first come, first serve basis. Payment is due at the time of registration,
and we have official student study guides and practice test packets for
you, upon registration. Sign up with the fee in the Guidance Office by
Monday, October 10th
are two Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) classes in February and May in
Manchester. Please see Guidance for
MEETINGS/EVENTS at WD
Army representative will have a table set up in the commons during
A, B & C lunches on Wednesday, October 19th for any interested
will be a Girls Bowling Meeting on October 20th at 3:15PM in the
High School Commons for any interested girl.
- A representative
from Hawkeye will be in Guidance on Thursday, October 20th at 1:15
for any interested junior or senior.
representative from Iowa State University will be in Guidance on
Thursday, October 20th at 9:35.
representative from Cornell College will be in Guidance on Monday,
October 24th at 1:15 for any interested junior or senior.
representative from Capri will be in Guidance on Thursday, October
27th at 1:15 to meet with any interested juniors or seniors.
representative from Original LaJames College will be in Guidance on
Monday, October 31st at 9:35 to meet with interested juniors and seniors.
Today: Breaded pork patty, sweet waffle
fries, cole slaw, watermelon, mandarin oranges, OJ/Milk
Monday: BBQ rib patty, scalloped potatoes, corn,
pineapple chunks, baked apples, sherbet cup, OJ/Milk