posted Sep 6, 2016, 10:42 AM by Erin Gudenkauf
- Picture day is Tuesday September 13th. Schedules are posted outside the High
School Office, Central Office, and by the lunch line. All students are
encouraged to get their picture taken even if you are not ordering any. We
need the pictures for the yearbook. Seniors, if you are not having Senior
Pictures taken, please get a picture taken here at school. You will
receive your picture packet from your Advisor on Friday during Hawk Time.
- Freshman Retreat- All freshman please look at the Freshman Retreat Information posted
in the Freshman Hallway and outside the office and find your name. For
Freshman Retreat on Wednesday the 7th, you will need to know the number
that is next to your name. If you are not on the list please come to the
office and let us know.
- All students - Have you seen the job opportunities board in
Guidance? Come check out what local businesses are offering for
employment. Check back often for new postings!
- FCCLA Healthy Snack Bar - Will be available again this year beginning sometime the second week
of September. This is a great opportunity to satisfy those mid-morning
cravings with items such as cheese sticks, juice boxes, Goldfish crackers,
fresh fruit, water, and various dry cereals. All items are only $.50 each.
The snack bar is located in the Foods lab, room 137 after first block on
days that we have 10 minute passing times.
- October ACT - Reminder that the registering deadline for October 22nd ACT test
is September 16th. See Guidance for further information and study packet.
- Juniors: Remember to turn in your permission forms and bar code to Guidance
by Thursday, September 8th for the UNI/Hawkeye College Fair on Tuesday,
September 13th. Remember this is also school picture day, so for those
going to the college fair, be sure to have your picture taken before you
MEETINGS/EVENTS at WD
- All student council members, 9-12 - will have a student council meeting September 14th at 7:20
in the HS Media Center
- YADC (Youth Association for Disabled Citizens) will have sign up on
Wednesday, September 7th, during lunch. This club learns about and assists
people with a variety of disabilities.
Our first activities will include helping with the Fall Bash at Camp
Courageous and Special Olympics.
Please check this club out!
of NHS, Student Council, and FBLA:
Volunteers for mentoring are needed at Lambert for one hour on
early out Wednesdays starting on September 14th. Please let your advisor know as soon as
possible if you are planning to attend.
representative from St. Ambrose
University will be in Guidance on Monday, September 12th at 1:15 for any interested junior or
representative from UNI will be in Guidance on Monday, September 19th
at 1:15 for any interested juniors or seniors
representative from LaJames
International will be in Guidance to meet with interested juniors and
seniors on Monday,
September 19th at 9:35
- Members of NHS, Student Council, and FBLA: Volunteers for mentoring are needed
at Lambert for one hour on early out Wednesdays starting on September 14th.
Please let your advisor know as soon as possible if you are
planning to attend.
nuggets, roll, whipped potatoes and gravy, cheezy broccoli, strawberries, melon, OJ/Milk
Thursday: School cheese
pizza, romaine salad w/light ranch, celery sticks, apple, peaches, snickerdoodle, OJ/Milk