• Student Council: Any 9th, 10th or 11th grade student interested in running for Class Officer or being in Student Council next year, please stop in the High School Office to pick up a Nomination Form. Nomination Forms are due back in the High School Office by 3:00 PM Friday, April 29.
Students please note that in addition to the signatures of classmates, this year in order to be a Class Officer or in Student Council a student needs to answer the questions on the back of the Nomination Form, as well as ask one teacher to complete a Teacher Recommendation on his/her behalf.
Those wishing to run for Class President will be asked to give a speech to their class next week during a scheduled Class Meeting in Hanson Auditorium.
• Seniors: Interested in being a speaker for graduation? Sign up with Ms. Osborne by this Friday, April 22nd. Tryouts will be held on Monday, April 25th, Wednesday, April 27th, and Thursday, April 28th in Ms. Osborne's room. We are looking for candidates for the valedictorian speaker and speaker at large. You will need to bring four copies of your speech when you come to try out. Questions? Contact Ms. Osborne or Ms. Jack.
• Speech students that missed Awards Night should see Ms. Osborne to pick up your packet.
• If you registered for a FALL PSEO, you need to have a course picked out and all paperwork completed by no later than May 15th. Please come to the Counseling Office with questions.
• Daily Health Announcement from FCS/Nutrition Class: Did you know some fruit- flavored snacks are made with the same wax others use on their cars?
PROM and POST PROM
• Prom Committee member: Please sign up in the high school for a time slot next week to sell tickets during YOUR regular lunch (you will not get out of class to sell tickets). Prefer to have 2 people for every lunch.
• Tickets: Will go on sale next week Monday through Friday during lunch times. The cost is $15 in advance and $20 at the door.
• Guests: If your prom guest does not attend West Delaware you will need to sign them up in the high school office.
• Pictures: If you plan to get your picture taken you will need to sign-up in the high school office. Picture order forms are also available in the office.
• Post Prom: Any student planning to attend post prom MUST sign-up in the high school office by this Friday, April 22.
• Post Prom Dodgeball: Sign-up in the office if you would like to participate in dodgeball during post prom. Students are only allowed to play on 1 team and no more than 8 to a team.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Mentor Table - TODAY: Helping Services of Northeast Iowa will have a table set up during lunches.
• Seniors - Wednesday, April 27: You may pick up your Herff Jones graduation orders after school at 1:15 in the commons.
Today: Mexican straw hat, tortilla chips, refried beans, cherry tomatoes, melon, pineapple chunks, cinnamon roll, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: Egg, cheese and sausage patty sandwich, potato wedges, kiwi, peaches, monster cookie, OJ/milk