• NHS applications are due tomorrow. Late applications will not be accepted. See Mrs. Hermsen if you have any questions.
• FCCLA STAR Events -If you are interested in taking a passion, turning it into a presentation and competing in Des Moines and possibly San Diego, California, you can do this through several different categories of STAR events. STAR stands for Students Taking Action for Recognition. There will be an informational meeting explaining the countless possibilities and the process involved on Thursday Oct. 22 at 7:00 am or Monday Oct. 26 at 3:45pm. Both meetings will be in the Foods room 135. See Mrs. Neverman before school or email her with any questions.
• Girls Basketball - If you are interested in going out for girls basketball this season please sign-up in the HS office by Tuesday, Oct. 20. Also, if you are interested in ordering clothing online from Lids Team Sports information is available in the HS office.
• Thespian Festival - For those wishing to attend the Thespian Festival in November please remember to turn in your completed forms and payment to the HS office by end of the school day TODAY. Checks should be made out to WD Thespian Club.
• Attention to those students taking the ACT test on October 24th - The testing site will be at West Delaware Middle School.
• Music Students wanting to go on the trip to New York in June need to turn in the gold-colored permission slip to the High School Office or music classroom by TODAY.
• Senior pictures are due to Mrs. Temeyer by November 1st. See Mrs. Temeyer for a copy of the senior photo guidelines if needed.
• FBLA - All members are asked to sign-up to work the football concession stand on Friday, October 16th. This is our only concession stand this fall. Sign up sheet outside Ms. Bramel's room.
• Snack Bar - The snack bar will be open every day this week but Wednesday. It is located in the Foods lab after 1st block. Items available include: gogurt, cheese sticks, cojack cheese, water bottles, juice boxes, Goldfish, Frosted Shredded Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Multi Grain Cheerios, chocolate pudding and granola bars. Fresh fruit this week will be red grapes.
• Student Council Members- Should sign up for the concession stand for Friday, Oct. 16th on the sign-up sheet in Ms. Osborne's room.
• CNA Class - For interested students, NICC has an upcoming CNA class starting with a mandatory orientation on Monday, October 19th at the Good Neighbor Society in Manchester. Classes will run on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon/evenings. Please see Guidance for further information.
• Contest - All HS students are eligible to enter the Voice of Democracy contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Write an essay on the topic “My Vision for America” and make a 3-5 minute audio recording of the essay. Cash prizes are awarded. Submission deadline is Nov. 1st. See Mrs. Stocks for more details. The local VFW will award $100 for 1st place and $50 for 2nd place. The 1st place winner's entry moves on to the next level of the competition.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Seniors - TODAY: A representative from Upper Iowa will be in the guidance office at 1:15 p.m.
• Book Club: Will meet Tuesday, Oct. 20th @ 3:00 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 22nd @ 7:30 a.m. in the library to discuss what you are currently reading, see where you are with The Other Wes Moore, and make plans for November’s Dystopia Duels. Please let Mrs. Stocks know which meeting you plan to attend!
• Picture Retakes - Thursday, Oct. 22: Order forms are available in the HS office. Student getting their picture taken can report to Seedorff gymnasium at 8 a.m.
Today: Pizza dippers and sauce, romaine salad, green beans, grapes, no bake cookie, OK/milk
Tomorrow: French toast sticks, sausage patty, potato wedges, baked apples, oranges, OJ/milk