• Voice of Democracy entries are due to Mrs. Stocks by 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30th. If you need help with the audio recording of the essay, please see Mrs. Stocks before the end of the week to set up a time to complete the recording. Reminder the local VFW is awarding $100 for 1st place and $50 for 2nd place.
• ACT testing site on Saturday, October 24th is at the Middle School.
• Football playoff clothing order forms are available in the HS office. Forms with money must be returned TODAY by noon.
• Y.A.D.C. members will be traveling to Camp Courageous TODAY. You will meet in the parking lot behind the high school (shop area) at 5:00 P.M. Supper will be at Subway in Monticello, your expense. You will return to the high school between 9:45 and 10:00 P.M. They have room in the vans for 4 more volunteers. If interested, please stop in the HS office to get Mrs. Resor’s (YADC sponsor) contact information.
• Seniors - Financial Lit - Modules 3 and 4 should be completed by this Friday, Oct. 23rd.
• Students interested in PSEOs for Spring 2016 need to have a course chosen, and all signed materials turned in to Guidance by Monday, November 2nd.
• FCCLA STAR Events -If you are interested in taking a passion, turning it into a presentation and competing in Des Moines and possibly San Diego, California, you can do this through several different categories of STAR events. STAR stands for Students Taking Action for Recognition. There will be an informational meeting explaining the countless possibilities and the process involves Monday Oct. 26 at 3:45pm. Both meetings will be in the Foods room 135. See Mrs. Neverman before school or email her with any questions.
• Basketball Online Clothing Order - If you are interested in ordering basketball clothing online from Lids Team Sports information is available in the HS office.
• Senior pictures are due to Mrs. Temeyer by November 1st. See Mrs. Temeyer for a copy of the senior photo guidelines if needed.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Juniors & Seniors - TODAY: Two college representatives will be in the school counseling office, University of Iowa at 9:35 a.m. and St. Ambrose at 1:45 p.m.
• Juniors & Seniors - Monday, Oct. 26: Two college representatives will be in the school counseling office, Central College at 9:35 and Ellsworth Community College at 1:15 p.m.
• Girls Bowling - Wednesday, Oct. 28: Girls interested in being on the Girls High School Bowling Team need to attend an informational meeting in the High School Commons on Wednesday, October 28, at 1:15 PM.
Today: Hot dog, french fries, cheesy cauliflower, kiwi, pears, chocolate chip cookie, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: School made cheese pizza, romaine salad, celery sticks, apples, peaches, snickerdoodle cookie, OJ/milk