HAWK TIME SCHEDULE
• Thespian Festival - For those wishing to attend the Thespian Festival in November please remember to turn in your completed forms and payment to the HS office by end of the school day this Thursday, Oct. 15th. Checks should be made out to WD Thespian Club.
• Attention to those students taking the ACT test on October 24th - The testing site will be at West Delaware Middle School.
• Music Students wanting to go on the trip to New York in June need to turn in the gold-colored permission slip to the High School Office or music classroom by Thursday, October 15.
• Senior pictures are due to Mrs. Temeyer by November 1st. See Mrs. Temeyer for a copy of the senior photo guidelines if needed.
• FBLA - All members are asked to sign-up to work the football concession stand on Friday, October 16th. This is our only concession stand this fall. Sign up sheet outside Ms. Bramel's room.
• Snack Bar - The snack bar will be open every day this week but Wednesday. It is located in the Foods lab after 1st block. Items available include: gogurt, cheese sticks, cojack cheese, water bottles, juice boxes, Goldfish, Frosted Shredded Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Multi Grain Cheerios, chocolate pudding and granola bars. Fresh fruit this week will be red grapes.
• Student Council Members- Should sign up for the concession stand for Friday, Oct. 16th on the sign-up sheet in Ms. Osborne's room.
• A Texas Instrument TI-30XIIS has been found. Please claim in the Guidance office.
• CNA Class - For interested students, NICC has an upcoming CNA class starting with a mandatory orientation on Monday, October 19th at the Good Neighbor Society in Manchester. Classes will run on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon/evenings. Please see Guidance for further information.
• Contest - All HS students are eligible to enter the Voice of Democracy contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Write an essay on the topic “My Vision for America” and make a 3-5 minute audio recording of the essay. Cash prizes are awarded. Submission deadline is Nov. 1st. See Mrs. Stocks for more details. The local VFW will award $100 for 1st place and $50 for 2nd place. The 1st place winner's entry moves on to the next level of the competition.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Picture Retakes - Thursday, Oct. 22: Order forms are available in the HS office.
• Y.A.D.C (Youth Association for Disabled Citizens): Camp Courageous in Monticello will be hosting their Halloween dance on Thursday, October 22nd and are in need of volunteers. Approximate times are to leave Manchester at 5:00 P.M. and return about 10:00 P.M. We will stop at Subway in Monticello before arriving at camp. If you are interested in this activity please stop in the office and sign the sheet or ask the secretary to contact Mrs. Resor. We must know by October 14th so that transportation can be arranged.
• Student Council Members - Tomorrow: Meeting at 7:30 AM in the library.
• Seniors - Thursday, Oct. 15: A representative from Upper Iowa will be in the guidance office at 1:15 p.m.
Today: Chicken fajita, breadstick, glazed carrots, black bean salad, kiwi, peaches, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: Breaded pork patty sandwich, sweet waffle fries, coleslaw, watermelon, mandarin oranges, OJ/milk