EARLY DISMISSAL SCHEDULE
• Seniors: For this year's yearbook, we are switching it up a bit! Instead of voting on senior superlatives/favorites we are asking all seniors to select a superlative for themselves. Seniors should reply to an email from Cassidy Oberreuter with their choice. They should also note the list of examples included in the email. Please be creative and appropriate! All seniors who reply by November 24 will be included in the yearbook.
• Seniors - Financial Literacy: Need to have modules 5 and 6 complete by this Friday, Nov. 20.
• Northeast Iowa Career Learning Link Program: It's not too late for high school students to get enrolled in the Northeast Iowa Career Learning Link, CLL, program. The CLL program provides students with career exploration activities such as business tours, job shadowing and internships. The program provides career coaches for each high school in the College’s district, who work directly with high school students on their career goals.
This is a great way for high school students to gain knowledge and experiences about career options, to assist in making career decisions and college choices.
To learn more about an opportunity available through Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) and the Northeast Iowa Career Learning Link (CLL) contact your school guidance counselor.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Can Drive: Do you like giving back to your community? Do you like breakfast pizza? Student Council can help you achieve both! It is time for the Student Council annual Can Drive to help benefit the Delaware County Food Pantry. Students may bring canned food items to their advisor through next Monday, Nov. 23. The winning Hawk Time group will receive a breakfast pizza party courtesy of Student Council.
• Blood Drive - TODAY: Student Council will be hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Seedorff gymnasium. Students must be at least 16 years old to donate and weigh at least 110 lbs. If you are 16 years old you must have a permission slip signed by a parent/guardian. These permission slips are available in the HS office. Also if you plan to donate please sign up in the HS office ASAP.
• FBLA -TODAY: If you missed the meeting at7:30 am, please plan to attend the meeting at 1:20 pm in Ms. Bramel's room, 204. All current and interested members should attend; bring signed membership forms and $25 dues. We're signing up for Community Service projects and Regional/SLC competitive events. Keep selling Schwan's we've got 11 more days to meet our 2016 SLC Fundraising goal; Use campaign ID: 23214. See Ms. Bramel if you have questions.
• FCCLA - Tomorrow: There will be an FCCLA meeting Thurs. Nov. 19 at 7:30 AM in the Foods room. All current or pondering members please plan to attend. We will be making final plans for sewing baby blankets for the RMC obstetrics department, signing up for STAR events and ordering shirts. Please bring $12 for affiliation dues. Questions? See or email Mrs. Neverman.
• Juniors and Seniors - Tomorrow: A college representative from Iowa State will be in the guidance office at 9:35 a.m.
Today: Corn dog, sweet potato gems, peas, banana, applesauce cup, ice cream cup, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: Breaded fish fillet sandwich, potato wedges, glazed carrots, melon, pears, OJ/milk