EARLY DISMISSAL SCHEDULE
• The Powderpuff Volleyball bracket for this Thursday is posted outside the HS office.
• Speech clothing orders are due to Mrs. Stocks by 3 p.m. tomorrow. Stop by the library if you need an order form.
• Junior and Senior Student Council members - A reminder to bring your food contribution for staff conferences that will be held TODAY. All food needs to be to Ms. Osborne’s room by 1 p.m. this Wednesday.
• Homecoming - Tickets are on sale during lunchtime and the cost per ticket is $5 in advance and $8 at the door. Button sales are also going on during lunchtime and the cost per button is $1. If a student is bringing a guest that does not attend West Delaware, they must sign them up in the HS office.
• Banned Books Week Sept. 27-Oct. 3, 2015
What does it mean if a book has been challenged or banned? A challenge is a formal, written complaint filed with a library or school about a book's content or appropriateness. The majority of challenges (roughly 70%) are brought by parents. Each challenge attempts to remove books from school curricula or library shelves. A book that has been banned is permanently removed from the school or library where the challenge was initiated. Don’t take for granted your freedom to choose what you want to read!
• Contest - All HS students are eligible to enter the Voice of Democracy contest sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Write an essay on the topic “My Vision for America” and make a 3-5 minute audio recording of the essay. Cash prizes are awarded. Submission deadline is Nov. 1st. See Mrs. Stocks for more details.
UPCOMING MEETINGS/ EVENTS at WD
• Parent Teacher Conferences - TODAY from 2:30-6:30 p.m. in the Commons
• Early Dismissal - Both TODAY and tomorrow of this week
• NHS Meeting - Wednesday, Oct. 7 - For current senior members at 7:40 a.m. in Mrs. Hermsen's room.
Today: Spaghetti, texas toast, steamed broccoli, glazed carrots, oranges, baked apples, OJ/milk
Tomorrow: Grilled chicken patty, breadstick, noodles, green beans, romaine salad, grapes, strawberries, rice krispy treat, OJ/milk