3.2 Checking Accounts
Objective: After researching the Internet or using the textbook as a reference, the learner will demonstrate an understanding of how checking accounts work by partnering up and creating a ToonBook about a checking-related topic based on the rubric provided.
Opening a Checking Account
- Register at www.toondoo.com
- Create a Toonbook with a partner about one of the topics listed below. You can research the Internet or use the textbook as a resources)
- Each topic must be created as a Toonbook by your class.
- Research your topic and sketch a storyboard for your topic. You will be creating a cartoon.
- Create your cartoon.
- Post the link to your Toonbook.
- Advantages of Checking Accounts (pages 353-354)
- Types of Checking Accounts (pages 354-356)
- Opening a Checking Account (pages 356-357)
- Endorsing Checks (pages 358-360)
- Recording the Deposit (page 361)
Route 66 Itinerary
Objective: After researching activities to do on the Internet in Joplin, MO, the learner will create a detailed itinerary that includes three activities and two meals for under $100 based on the rubric provided.
The car we’re in also needs to get checked out. See if you can find a good mechanic to check out our muffler. Add the muffler check to the itinerary as well. Maybe its time to get a new one.
- Research Joplin, Missouri and create a detailed itinerary that includes three activities and two meals.
- Include both the names of any businesses and street addresses. We use a GPS system in the car so directions aren't necessary.
- Include the name and address of a qualified mechanic. We might need a new muffler.
- You can stay in the hotel for only two hours between 8 AM and 8 PM.
- Upload and save your Intinerary to the Wiggio.com folder.